Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

India- Wonder by Wonder


I thought I would have more writing time in India.
As it turns out, not only was my first week here an amazing non-stop adventure but my one month yoga teacher training program in Goa is so intensive I hardly have time to do my homework before I lay exhausted in bed by 9:30pm. I am back on student mode with student responsibilities except now I live in a beach hut, meditate before the sun rises, take classes on physical, mental, social and spiritual balance and do 4 hours of intensive yoga postures daily. When I do yoga in our shala, I hear the waves crash in the ocean and the birds sing, I see coconut trees, the sky and the sun set and there is contentment in my heart. I can't believe God put me here. He is by far the best author of my life. :o)

I have so many mini stories along the days mentioned below but that will just have to wait. For now enjoy the pictures!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2075448&id=56304887&l=c90634aea5

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2075581&id=56304887&l=1bac8d575b

Day 1--10 hour bumpy ride to Punjab
Day 2--Lohri Festival, Indian Dinner with Hira Family and bonfire dancing!
Day 3--Awe-inspiring Sikh Golden Temple
Day 4- Indian-Pakistan Border March--one with the crowd!
Day 5- Hill Station Mussoori--beautiful sunset
Day 6-Hill Station Dhanaulti--snowy climb
Day 7--Foggy and Magical Taj Mahal
Special Thanks to brothers Amrinder and Arvinder for taking us around 2,500km across India by train, taxi, car, rickshaw, cable car, bus, and on foot!

No comments: