Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

At Meditation today....

So after some chants and breathing exercises, I hear Rachel yelp beside me. It takes me a while to pull myself back, after all we've already been in sitting meditation position for about thirty minutes. I blink a few times and glance to the left. In between us is a crab. I scoot over and I just find it funny, only in India will things like this happen...

Speaking of which, a cricket fell in my toilet last night. I tried flushing it several times but this cricket is a stubborn swimmer. He just keeps swimming until the mini tide pool flush is over. So I go about my shower and I clean my entire room thinking I can flush him later and that'll be over. My room mate arrives and she tries to flush him too. I am really annoyed by this little cricket cuz he does not give up. I really don't want to do my business with him still swimming around. So I pick a stick from outside and thought to poke him down as I flush. I realize this is really mean now that I am blogging about it...very NOT ahimsa (non-violence to all creatures). BUT the story ends well. Persistence really is a virtue. When I poke the stick in, the cricket climbs up!!! I scream a little and I suddenly run out of our beach hut and throw the stick by the grass. The cricket is alive and goes about his way.
Our beach hut with our laundry (yoga uniforms)
It's been about 3 weeks of non-stop yoga and I chose to tell this story among many others. I don't know why but this is what I want to write about this moment. I am still as busy as ever, happy yes, but my mind and body is really working hard. More on this later but just know that I have no regrets. Yoga will forever be part of my life and I will be most happy to share why once the program is over and I can get back to this other love of mine, writing.

By the way....I have a new nephew!!!! Namaste Milo! Welcome to the world and to our family!!!!

No comments: