Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Want to Control my Psoas Muscle


I love Yoga Anatomy. So far during asana practicum where we begin teaching our own classmates, my feedback is that I create a fun and warm atmosphere. What I want to add to this is also having the smarts so that I can communicate why yoga is good for you. Anatomy is one aspect of this and really my teacher Jim is brilliant. Our textbook is brilliant too. It’s a bit overwhelming to study so many muscles and how they move but this excerpt makes it seem worth the effort…

Body Clairvoyance
The word clairvoyance means “seeing clearly”. Body clairvoyance refers to the ability of the awakened body to anticipate action and use the most efficient muscles to accomplish it. Practicing Yoga creates this type of phenomenon, a feeling of “knowing” what to do.

Soooo yeah. Are you convinced my blog readers and future yoga students?

1 comment:

Anna said...

hahahahahahaha, I am in anatomy too :) so even if were miles apart pareho parin tayo :D love youuuuu