Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Waiting for a breakdown


Three weeks have passed and many of my yoga classmates have reached a breakdown, the type of breakdown where you are so physically exhausted that spiritual growth just happens. We took our 3rd contemplative walk by the beach this morning and this time I asked God why I haven’t cried yet or received any grand revelation about my life during this intense yoga retreat. I sat down on the sand for a while, just watching the river touch the ocean. I saw a tiny crab climb out from its hole and after a few minutes, many more crabs started walking by me because I was very still. I waited until God talked to me.

This is what He told me… You already know why you are in India. You asked for it and I granted it because we both knew it will be good for you. You are not searching at this moment in your life. You are living my blessing and the purpose of now will eventually be clear when you are experiencing other life experiences that I have written out for you. Right now, just be.

Wow. Just be. That’s pretty profound. Very Yogi-like. I’ve been reading my travel bible and have just finished Genesis. Several times I saw the author write “God was with Joseph” and he lived for 110 years. I know I am not going to be living that long but I feel that God is always with me too. For that I am really grateful.

1 comment:

Anna said...

inspirational i should say! :)